You can still walk with us
We know there are many who remain loyal participants of these walks since 2012 as advocates for suicide prevention, people with lived experience and those who have lost someone to suicide. Dependant on restrictions in your area you may have to walk virtually rather than face to face.
We can still come together on a designated time and day for Out of the Shadows whilst maintaining social distancing.
Host your own walk
For those passionate about walking in their own time and own way, Lifeline will be here to guide you with some tips and support on planning a safe walk during COVID-19 times.
Please note the cut off for listing your walk is COB Thursday 9th September 2021.
You can find below 10 steps to plan your own virtual Out of the Shadows walk.
- Read the walk guidelines
- Register your own walk here
- Nominate a contact email address for RSVP's
- Set up an optional fundraising page
- Invite people to join you (please ensure you follow state restrictions, we advise no more than 10 walkers)
- Spread the word to fundraise and promote your walk
- Set up a video call to live stream your walk
- Take pictures and share with #outoftheshadows
- Use the event resources provided to help you organise your walk.
- Please be COVID-19 safe please check out the resources
Speak to a local Lifeline Centre about arranging to have Lifeline telephone crisis supporters available via phone in case participants require support on the day. Your local Centre might also be able to provide you with advice, information and resources to help you with your event. Alternatively, please contact us directly by emailing email@example.com